Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the National Privacy Principles for the protection of personal information, as set out in the Privacy Act and any other relevant law.
ABOUT MORGAN & BROOKS PTY LTD
Morgan & Brooks Pty Ltd (MB) is a family owned company whose directors have been actively involved in Mortgage and Asset lending since the mid 1980’s, having set up offices in Docklands Victoria in March 2017. We advocate ethical business practices while offering a broad range of residential and commercial mortgage loans, business loans, equipment finance and car and truck leasing to Australian resident individuals, companies, and trusts.
We are 20+ year members of the Mortgage Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) whose primary aim is to ensure the ethical working of the mortgage and finance industry in Australia.
EXTERNAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Additionally, MB are members of the Credit and Investment Ombudsman (CIO) who provide a free, independent, and impartial dispute resolution service for the facilitation and resolution of complaints between consumers and members of their scheme. COSL may be contacted on 1800 138 422
If you have a dispute with MB firstly contact our Managing Director, Richard Aulsebrook, at PO Box 23343 Docklands Vic 8012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If he can’t offer a satisfactory resolution to your dispute he will refer you to the Credit and Investment Ombudsman (CIO) as a free alternative to legal proceedings for resolving complaints with their financial services and product providers.
When we refer to ‘personal information’ we mean information from which your identity is apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you, from which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Generally, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of sourcing and securing finance approval on your behalf. Specific purposes include:
- to enable us to communicate with lenders and other organizations’ and individuals with an interest in the provision of mortgage and finance solutions; and
- to identify, understand and respond to policies, and legislation relating to our position as your appointed finance and mortgage advisor.
We may disclose your personal information only after you have provided us with written authorisation to collect and disseminate that information as required by us in the fulfilment of our role in the provision of such advice.
HOW WE COLLECT AND HOLD YOUR INFORMATION?
We understand that your personal information needs to be looked after and isn’t something you leave lying around for just anybody to take. So, unless it’s unreasonable or impracticable, we will try to collect personal information directly from you (referred to as ‘solicited information’). For this reason, it’s important that you help us to do this and keep your contact details up-to-date.
There are many ways we seek information from you. We might collect your information when you fill out a form with us, when you’ve given us a call or used our websites. We also find using electronic means, such as email or SMS, a convenient way to communicate with you and to verify your details.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
Sometimes we collect information about you from other sources. We do this only if it’s necessary to do so. Instances of when we may need to include where:
- we can’t get hold of you and we rely on publicly available information to update your contact details;
- we are checking the security you are offering through public registers and our service providers; and
- at your request, we exchange information with your legal or financial advisers or other representatives.
- WHAT IF YOU DON’T WANT TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you don’t provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to:
- provide you with the product or service you want;
- manage or administer your product or service;
- verify your identity or protect against fraud; or
- let you know about other products or services that might better meet your financial, e-commerce and lifestyle needs.
HOW WE COLLECT AND HOLD YOUR CREDIT INFORMATION
We will collect your credit information from details included in your application for credit (whether paper based, phone or electronic) and from the records we maintain about the products or services you receive from us. In addition to what we say above about collecting information from other sources, other main sources for collecting credit information are:
- credit reporting bodies;
- other credit providers;
- your co-loan applicants or co-borrowers;
- your guarantors/proposed guarantors;
- your employer, accountant, real estate agent or other referees;
- your agents and other representatives like your referrers, brokers, solicitors, conveyancers, and settlement agents;
- organizations’ that check the security you are offering such as valuers;
- organizations’ providing lenders mortgage insurance and title insurance for us;
- bodies that issue identification documents to help us check your identity; and
- our service providers involved in helping us to provide credit or to administer credit products, including our legal advisers.
TO WHOM WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In line with common business practices, we may disclose personal information to:
- those organizations as required or authorised by law; and
- service providers such as credit bureaus, lenders, and mortgage insurers.
Your information will be accessible only to those you have authorised us to share that information with. Where your personal information is disclosed, we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used, or disclosed consistently with the National Privacy Principles and other applicable privacy laws and codes, including this policy.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important to our relationship that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you we may ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed. If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, email email@example.com. We will generally rely on you to assist us in informing us if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. To access personal information that we hold about you please contact us.
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information. For example, such a situation would be information relating to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding including you, or if your request is vexatious. However, we will provide an explanation if we deny you access to the personal information we hold on you.
HOW SAFE AND SECURE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE HOLD?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment, and when the information is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed, it will be destroyed or permanently de-identified.
We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
This Policy may change. We will let you know of any changes to this Policy by posting a notification on our website.
PRIVACY DISCLOSURE STATEMENT AND CONSENTS
I acknowledge that any personal information collected by Morgan & Brooks Pty Ltd- and this includes any supporting documentation I may provide to Morgan & Brooks Pty Ltd for the purposes of a loan application and including related purposes:
- is being collected to enable Morgan & Brooks Pty Ltd to assess the application;
- Morgan Brooks Direct Pty Ltd may not be able to process an enquiry/application if this personal information is not provided; For a Full Copy of the Privacy Consent, authorising Morgan & Brooks Pty Ltd to undertake credit and other related searches write to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 1800 801 999.
Morgan & Brooks Pty Ltd (Morgan Brooks)
9 Waterside Place Docklands Vic 3008/ PO Box 23343 Docklands Vic 8012.